Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Ultimatums

I trust my guts. I always have and I always will because until now, I've had no reason not to.
But have you ever had a really bad feeling about someone, and that someone happens to date your best friend?

You heard stories you did not like.
You met the man you have heard so much about.

She's just not herself around him.
Because of him, she has done things she knows will hurt you.
Because of him, she has completely forgotten all the things she had always stood for.
Because of him, she lied to the people she had always loved, trusted and respected.

A warning. Endless talks. From her mother, her brother, her two best friends.
Ultimatums. First from her.
"Friends are supposed to support each other! Accept my choice or walk away."
Then from us.
"Friends are supposed to respect each other's opinion. Take ours into consideration or walk away."
I think this means we both decided to walk away.

But what are friends supposed to do?
I don't know. No one knows.

I do know one thing however.
She will be the one running back to us.
Why?
I trust my guts. I always have and I always will because until now, I've had no reason not to.

4 comments:

  1. There's always a first time for everything. Maybe your gut is learning to be wrong. You aren't perfect. Remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I not? :O
    Hehe, ah well.
    I wouldn't be so sure of myself if I were the only one having a bad feeling about it.
    But anyway, the woman is free to date whoever she wants.
    I'm just here keeping me eye on her :)

    ReplyDelete