Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Year Resolutions.

This is the time of the year when the world falls into a collective depression. Reality hits us.
We all remember our last New Year resolution and how we failed to accomplish them.
But we also look up to this coming year thinking that maybe it will bring the strength and courage to challenge ourselves again.

So, think my friend, think. What can 2012 be all about?
I've been pretty found of my resolutions so far. 2009 was all about never using violence again, 2010 was the year I convinced myself to come out and 2011 was all about being more classy. And I did.
I came out in 2010 and burned my wardrobe and built it again from its ashed in 2011 and all that while leading a nonviolent life. (Yes, Ghandi is very proud.) 

And now 2012 shall be the year of success and optimism.

Optimism, you say?

Parents often teach us to be realistic, but that often turns into pessimism.

"Expect the worse if you don't want to be disappointed."
That philosophy is so wrong.
This year, I am expecting the best, and I will do everything I can to get it.

Now success in our modern times is always associated with academic success, and that is also what I mainly mean: Building a good resume to go study abroad.
I already got a great SAT score which I am very proud of.
My mom, who was convinced that no man is mature enough to leave his parents at 18, told me that I should apply wherever I want to. :')
I know 2012 hasn't started yet but I consider this one of the first success of this new year. Yay me!

So what are you people up to this year? Share the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment