Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hello World.

Hello world,

I don't know who you are and why you are reading this. I don't know how you got here and if you're going to stay and read. I don't know who would be interested in the life of a normal teenager in Lebanon. This is an example among others of the redundant life of a kid in Beirut.
I'm a 15-year old Lebanese teenager.

I love maths and physics. I'm a geek, I love it and you'll love me for it.
I love protons, the CERN and the LHC.
I love baking, macaroons and cakes. I always bake when I'm bored.
I love reading, books are my little heaven on Earth.

I love music, The Killers, Coldplay, The XX and Muse. And Glee of course. I play the piano, the guitar and the bass.
I love series, Desperate Housewives, NCIS, Big Bang Theory and pretty much every series that exists.
I love peace, Martin Luther King, Gandhi.
I love rainbows, light, colors.

I'm gay, I'm closeted, came out to my friends.
I'm weird, or so they say cause I have no idea what's normal or not. I think that everything you do is normal... Cause you just did it.
I'm smart, I know I am and it pisses everyone off cause I don't mind saying it. But I am... So why can't I say it?
I'm atheist, but my family is christian, almost fanatic. There are a lot of reasons for which I do not believe in God, and if I start now I will never end.

I don't know why I'm starting this blog. Maybe it's because I'm bored, maybe it's because I have nothing to do. I've always wanted to do it though. Maybe because I enjoy reading blogs, because I like discovering people's life. Maybe it's because I think this blog will help someone one day, or it will help me see where my life is going...
But now, I've started it, so I won't stop now. I'll try to post something every day. What? I don't know... What I did this day, what I saw, what I learned, what I'll do again, what I'll never repeat, what I would have done, what I should have done, what I'll do the next day, the day after... What? My life.

3 comments:

  1. "I love peace, Martin Luther King, Gandhi and Lady Gaga."

    Very nice!

    Your blog is the start of something really special.

    Wish you the best in your blog Karim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your blog last night via the monitor on fb and such...

    Firstly, I'd like to say that I love your eloquence found in all your posts.

    Secondly, I'd like to congratulate you on being so courageous as to start your own blog, the honesty with which you write, and the fact that you stated your own name!

    You really are a role model for the closeted teen... Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chris: Thank you Chris :-D
    I must say that without comments like yours I will never have found the courage to keep this up!

    ReplyDelete