Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thank You.

This post is dedicated to J, A, T and P. I don't know if you will ever read this, but this is the only way I have to thank you for what you did.
I am writing this because you gave me faith, faith our lovely Lebanese society, but you also showed me and proved to me that change is coming, slowly but surely.

You used to be the guys I dread. The overly straight dudes who kept randomly throwing homophobic comments, maybe without even realizing it.
Saying 'gay' and 'louteh' might have become a normal thing to do for you, but every time I heard those words, I kept thinking, why, why are you using this particular word every time you have something bad to say?

But all the respect you showed me these last couple of days showed me that you were no enemies, but friends. You respected my privacy and helped me when I needed help.
Your anonymous tips were really helpful.

Anyway, thank you again, and I hope you get to read this :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment