Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Graffiti

There are two kinds of New Year resolutions, the sober ones, and the drunk ones.
My drunk New Year resolution was to leave a footprint on Beirut's wall, share a message of love and peace.

Finding the idea was quite easy, V for Vendetta, of course!
Even if I do not know you, I love you, from all my heart. - Valerie.
First thing I did next morning was to call LM.
She immediately came up with a great idea.
She turned this famous photograph (I don't know how famous it is, she's the only one who actually knows it)


Into this awesome design:


Now the real challenge was the painting.
She was just calm, chill and relaxed.
I was excited, stressed and scared.
What if someone sees us? What if they call the police? What if we get arrested?
Hah, ah well. I was surprised to see that Lebanese people do not give a single fuck about what you do.
A lot of people passed and did not even notice what we were doing.
A guy, who looked like a tourist, stopped and watched us paint for a while.
Two other Lebanese guys randomly said 'Ya3tikon el 3afyeh'.
Everyone else was just indifferent.

The result was quite amazing, hope you guys like it.




Don't forget to check LM's blog!

And also see what Celine K. wrote!


1 comment: