Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Anonymity

Before creating my own, the only gay Lebanese blogs I read were anonymous.
I must admit that I've also considered remaining anonymous for a while, but I finally decided to just reveal my name and some personal information.
Now that's not only because I couldn't find any cool nickname, but also because I'm trying to send an important message to the LGBT Lebanese youth out there, don't be ashamed of who you are.

I'm not saying that you should go out and shout that you're gay to everyone, no, but I thought that a name could really mean a lot to a reader who is still trying to accept who he is.

Moreover, I really want to be myself in here. I do this by posting everything that comes through my mind, and by doing this, a lot of personal things might come out.

Also, I'm pretty sure no friend or acquaintance of mine will ever find this blog unless they run very deep searches about the Lebanese gay community which is very questionable... :-P

But I was chatting with my friend the other day and she told me that I was taking a huge risk.
"This homophobic guy who works with my mom told her that the police is searching for blogs just like yours to arrest gay people... I don't know, maybe you should just remove some information you published on it."
This just doesn't make sense to me.
A risk? I don't think I am taking any risk.

Anyway, I just want all my readers to find courage and strength to bee themselves and I thought that revealing my identity could really help everyone that is still not accepting who he is.

4 comments:

  1. You are a person of great integrity and you are special to all those who live in fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much,
    this comment just made my day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i had your courage . ur blog and ur experience mean to me a lot

    ReplyDelete