Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Israel, Palestine and the things I don't get.

I know Israel is the enemy.
I know it is their bombs that woke me up in the middle of the night, their bombs that made my mother cry. 
I remember our history teacher stressing on the fact that the country south of Lebanon was "فلسطين المحتلة" (occupied Palestine). 
I watch the news, see the murders, listen to the women screaming and crying. 


Why do we hate them? Because they stole our land. Because they stole our ressources. Because they took what was ours. 


I know that some people are not going to the Red Hot Chili Pepper concert because they are performing in Tel Aviv right after coming to Lebanon 

Red Hot Chili Pepper is an American band. 
I know that Americans love their precious Israel. 
So I do not see why this show is considered outrageous. 
And even if it is, I do not see why it should stop me from enjoying the concert I have been looking forward since I was 8 years old. 

I know I do not give a rodent's behind about this. 
I realize I might not see what is obvious for some of you who are older and wiser. 
I accept the fact that this is just something that I might not understand. 

The ticket has been bought.
I am looking forward to screaming my lungs out and crying of joy every time Flea does something epic. 


5 comments:

  1. The problem with this is that everyone who wants to go and won't go are scared. I am one of these people, I'd love to go but it might cost me my life here. If I go, I might not get to come back, and if I go and do come back, there's a chance I'll get lots of shit for it too. This is almost like sexuality in Lebanon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cost you your life? What do you mean? What did I miss?

      Delete
    2. Well I think I missed something. Didn't you say they're doing a concert in Tel Aviv and some people don't want to go? o.O

      Delete
    3. Oh sorry, that post is hardly clear enough. I just assumed everyone knew about the situation :p
      They are performing in Lebanon then going to Tel Aviv! So people are not going in Lebanon to protest against the fact that they are going in Tel Aviv..

      Delete
    4. Well in that case I think that that's VERY stupid. They're an American band, and just like everyone has a job, theirs is to entertain and perform. It's not a matter of loyalty and what not. So the fact that someone thinks that protesting RHCP going to Tel Aviv by not going to the Lebanon concert is immature, definitely. It's a band, they have nothing to do with the situation with Israel or the politics or what not, they're all about the music, if they stop protesting to think a minute they might realize how stupid they sound. I agree with you.

      Delete