Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Year & A Day

Here we are, a year and a day later. Time flies, it flies indeed.
How can I describe what I'm feeling right now?

Relief, mainly because I'm posting things only a few people know, online, for everyone to read. Luckily enough, this blog has maintained its discretion and only a couple of acquaintances found it and made the connection to me.
Regret, mainly because I had to keep my full name to myself, and my spontaneous courage and bravery didn't last long.

You know, sometimes I read some of my old posts and think "Did I really write this?"
I guess it is part of being a teenager. Changing mood and interests so fast that you don't even recognize yourself even after only a year.
I decided to resist the urge to erase every post I've written so far, though. I thought that keeping these is the best way to realize how much I've changed, how much I grew up, which road I had decided to take, the choices I had to make... All these little things that define me, all these parts and pieces of my life, of my soul, all of that is kept in here.

Anyway, I am you and you are me.
I never would have kept this blog alive if it wasn't for you.
My life is yours, our experiences are similar.
So thank you, thank you for reading this, thank you for everything.

6 comments:

  1. To2borne nshallah :P

    Habbi Bersdey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karim, I could never thank you enough for what you do.
    It is thanks to people like you thatb people like me could stand up and be proud of who they are.
    I'm living the best years of my life and I owe you that.
    I hope your blog will last, and that nothing will stop you.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A year?! Time sure flies!
    I'm so glad you're still posting and I'm so proud of you...Keep it up boy...

    Happy "Birthday" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ziad: Blah, you :P Thanks!

    @Nadim: I do not deserve all that! Thank you for being there :))

    @BeirutBoy: A year indeed, and it is all thanks to you! I would never have started this if it wasn't for your blog! Thank you BB :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey K.
    Happy anniversary!!!
    sorry for being late, was traveling and didn't check your blog
    wish you many returns and a long continuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for being there from the very beginning :) I

    ReplyDelete