Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Homophobia, back again....

Remember that project I posted about? My group had to choose a theme to work on it during 9 month... And we chose homosexuality.
It took me ages to convince everyone to work on that, and now everything is falling apart.

My friend just called me, he told me his father didn't accept that his son work on something illegal and wrong like this. That is was unacceptable that the school administration let us choose this subject. He even told him he was going to call the director and tell him all that.

He didn't let his son call Helem, we had to take an appointment and try to get more information about this organization. I thought I could make this year great, try to help the LGBT Lebanese community, after all it has gone through.
Were my expectations too high?

Now my friend promised his dad that he was going to either change the subject, or just change his group.
I never thought this would ever happen... I was too confident, I believed that my friends were going to help me, and support me. But he changed his mind. I understand him... His father must really be homophobic, probably more than mine.

I thought that I could make a difference. My teacher gave me hope, but in a christian school like mine, I don't think this will ever happen.
But I can't fight anymore, not now that I'm all alone.

I just have to give up.

3 comments:

  1. dude don't give up- one person can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Lebanese gay man in a happily committed relationship for 7 years now and we have a 7 year old son-Living in the USA.I have the full support and love from my Lebanese parents I would be glad to offer your some help for life(society) outside of Lebanon for Lebanese Gays in comparison to Lebanon for your paper. let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments everyone :-)
    But please know that I will never stop fighting against homophobia! I will always be trying to make a change.
    That's why I'm writing, and sharing my experiences with all of you!
    Thank you for you help and support!

    ReplyDelete