Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Undercover at a Christian Gay-to-Straight Conversion Camp

This article (Read it here) is shocking, disturbing, maybe even disgusting but unfortunately, it shows a reality. It shows how far people are willing to go, to please their family, to live the life everyone expects them to live.
They are ready to forget their identity, forget who they are, ignore their feelings.
Journey into Manhood is the initiation into the mysterious world of heterosexual masculinity that has supposedly eluded us for so long.
 Growing up in a Christian family and going to a Christian school, I can guess how these people must feel.
Your goal in life is to have a perfect family, a wife, and kids, take over your dad's business, live in a beautiful house outside the city, take your children every Sunday to church, teach them how to pray every night before going to bed, and expect them to have the exact same life you had.
I lived with those expectations, this pressure, to please my parents in any way I could. But sometimes you are not who they want you to be, you are not the perfect son they expect you to be.
You are perfect, in another way.
The idea behind Healing Touch is to recreate the father-son bond that apparently we missed as children.
Why do people have this annoying idea? They think that being gay is caused by a troubling childhood, by some problems.
Same-sex attraction is not an issue you have to deal with. It's a reality you have to accept.
The problem is people like them, denying the fact that homosexuality is real and that it's nothing abnormal.
Your sexual orientation has nothing to do with the way you were raised:
And yet, despite being raised by an abusive, spiritually castrated father, I have a strong preference for women.


The mix between manhood and heterosexuality is clear from the name of the Gay-to-Straight conversion camp: "Journey into Manhood".
Each staff man follows the act of the first. They say nothing for a few seconds. Once I’m feeling completely awkward, the question comes, open-ended and something to do with men or masculinity, or my reason for attending: What makes a man? How do you know you’re a man? Why are you here?
I am a man! I can be manlier than any straight man you have ever seen! How can they make people believe that their sexual attraction has anything to do with their manhood! It is outrageous! All these false ideas that religion put into someone's mind!
Please know that I do not blame the Bible or anything, it's just that people make up rules just to feel good about themselves, just to look perfect.
I've read a lot of passages from the Bible and I can't remember anything that mentions homosexuality.

I'm gay, and I'm proud, and I will never let anyone ever feel superior to me, I will never let anyone question my manhood, and I will never let anyone make me feel like some sort of troubled teenager who went through a confusing childhood.
I'm not a machine you can switch from gay to straight.
The only expectations I'm going to live up to are mine!

3 comments:

  1. Like I said, the ones to blame are the people who misinterpret the Bible and make up their own rules, giving their children a false image about religion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to send a gay friendly Episcopalian missionary to Lebanon start a new church and show the so called other Christians what Jesus really meant !

    ReplyDelete
  3. waynak??
    min natir ana??

    ReplyDelete