Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Pink Shorts.

A couple of friends got me some Tommy Hilfiger pink shorts for my birthday. I was so excited to show them to my parents, I was so proud of them. So I wear my shorts, get out of my room. First thing my dad says:


"I'm sorry but people will think you're gay."

 I'm sorry? What is there to be sorry about? If people knew I was gay just by looking at me in the street, I would walk taller and prouder than ever!

People? Are you afraid that the neighbors are going to see some pink shorts and judge me? Well, they are not all as narrowed minded as you are! Then they will talk like typical Lebanese people, rumors are going to spread a little bit everywhere in town. Oh, no! Maybe the people from church will hear about it, and then pray for the soul of your gay son who is going to hell! Maybe the people from work will also hear about it and start giving you weird looks in the office.

Think? Oh, if only you knew.

Gay? Stereotypes, Stereotypes, Stereotypes. Pink means gay now? Oh, I have some very straight friend who wear pink! It is actually really sexy and manly! If only you just got out of the 50s and looked around you, you would see how the world changed. You would have a cultural shock or something... Oh, you're just stuck between your office and church. Look around you! Welcome to the 20th century...

Sometime 10 words can mean so much more than 10 words.

6 comments:

  1. pleeeeaaassseeeee take a pic of the shorts and show it to us :))) i think this is going to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother exchanged the shorts :'( Ugh! Can't believe her! I saw some other shorts at Zara though! (A) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sad post. As a heterosexual, I agree that pink is great, and I have several formal shirts in pink, so that assumption is indeed ridiculous.

    But the way you speak of your father is frankly shocking. You have the luxury to do what you want with your life, and yet you have the nerve to talk down at your father because he doesn't have that luxury ? f**ing spoiled brats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, he's the one who spoiled me, isn't he?
    My relationship with my father is so complicated. I don't know if I am right talking about him that way but that's what I feel and that's what I need to say. Every day I try to good enough and I try to make him proud cause I know he'll be crushed when he finds out that I'm gay.
    All gay guys have daddy issues, I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^ "All gay guys have daddy issues, I guess?"
    Not true.

    That is all. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, well... Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete